Arriving in Style: The 4 Best Private Airports in the United States
If you own or operate a private jet, you have tons of airports to choose from for takeoff and landing. In fact, there are over 4,000 airports that accept private jets in the U.S alone. But with so many options, it may be difficult to select the right one for you. So, which private jet airports are the best? And what makes some private airports better than others? Keep reading to find out. We'll review the top four best private airports in the United States. Let's get started!
What Makes Private Airports SuperiorSo, what makes a private airport better than the rest? Let's break it down.
Number of FBOsThe more FBOs (fixed-base operators) an airport has, the better. An FBO is a private terminal with its own private airport prices. Having FBO options is always a good thing, no matter what type of private jet you own.
Distance to Nearest CityThe best private airports are close to big cities, providing true convenience.
Convenient FacilitiesSome private airports and FBOs go the extra mile when it comes to amenities. We're talking exercise facilities, fast and simple private airport security, valet and baggage services, lounges, help with private airport transfers and more. Now that we know a little more about what makes a private airport better than the rest, let's dive into the top four options in the U.S.
1. Dallas Fort Worth AirportDallas Fort Worth is both convenient and luxurious.
- Number of FBOs: 1
- Distance from downtown Dallas: 20 miles
2. Teterboro AirportLocated in Teterboro, New Jersey, this airport allows private fliers easy access to New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.
- Number of FBOs: 5
- Distance from downtown Manhattan: 12 miles
3. Van Nuys AirportIs Hollywood calling your name? If so, check out the Van Nuys Airport.
- Number of FBOs: 4
- Distance from Hollywood: 15 miles
4. George Bush Intercontinental AirportTexas has no shortage of amazing airports. And this gateway to Houston has it all.
- Number of FBOs: 2
- Distance from downtown Houston: 20 miles