Consult With VREF For Your Aviation Expert Witness & Litigation Needs
Our seasoned aviation professionals provide over six decades of combined expertise serving in trial testimonies, depositions, and corporate litigation cases. With a wide array of specialties, the VREF team handles each case with the utmost professionalism using information based on facts and proven data with sound principles in mind.
We serve as expert witnesses in both federal and state courts.
We share our expert testimony with thorough and refined accuracy.
We provide our expertise in litigation proceedings involving businesses across the globe.
Your Aviation Expert Witness
Our areas of focus for aviation trial and litigation include:
- Valuation of corporate aircraft, general aviation aircraft, helicopters, vintage and museum aircraft, avionics, hangars, and FBO services
- Cybersecurity and infrastructure security
- Diminution of value
- Post-accident aircraft damage
- Aircraft management and maintenance
- Drone valuations
- Aircraft and helicopters
- Flight school management and maintenance management
- Collegiate operations of flight school
- Aircraft acquisition and remarketing
- Air transport valuations
- Firefighting aircraft valuations
- FAA Designated Airworthiness Representative (DAR) management
- Appraisal review
- Valuation price guide experts
- Economics of aircraft operations
- Aircraft resale
- Breach of contract and aircraft purchase agreements
- Back-to-back disputes
- Corporate litigation
- Aircraft transactions
- Hourly cost maintenance programs
- Aircraft STC approval processes
- Recovery of all aircraft type
Expertise You Can Trust
Why Turn to Us?
VREF’s approach in any expert witness case involves extensive knowledge of aviation, skill, education, elite training, and years of experience – meaning you can stop the search and contact VREF for your expert witness and litigation needs.
Our Senior Management
With a combined experience of 300 years, the VREF team is recognized by the American Society of Appraisers (ASA) as Accredited Senior Appraisers in the aviation discipline.
Extensive Staff Court Experience
Since 1994, VREF staff has represented plaintiffs, defendants, insurers, financial institutions, and manufacturers in federal and state courts.
Certificates & Accreditations
VREF has the following certifications and accreditations:
- European Union Adopted International Organization for Standardization (EN-ISO) Certified Aviation Expert
- International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Language Proficiency Examiner
- Attorney at Law
- American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
- International Society of Transport Aircraft Trading (ISTAT)
- International Standard Atmosphere (ISA)
- Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP)
- Airframe and Powerplant (A&P)
- Inspection Authorization (IA)
- Controllable-Pitch Propeller (CPP)
Jason Zilberbrand, ASA, CAA, ISA AM, AOA AM, MRAeS
President & CTO
Jason Zilberbrand is the President of VREF Aircraft Value Reference & Appraisal Services. He is an Accredited Senior Aircraft Appraiser with the American Society of Appraisers (ASA), and an Accredited Member of the Appraisers National Association (ANA), and he is also an Accredited Member of the International Society of Appraisers (ISA). Jason is an expert witness, broker, inventorying dealer, acquisition agent, aircraft owner, aircraft operator, contract negotiator, consultant, teacher, conference speaker, and author. He is the expert witness.
Need An Aviation Expert Witness?
Let’s discuss your expert witness and litigation needs.