Effective Date: July 22, 2020
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for VREF Aircraft Value Reference Appraisal & Litigation Services (VREF) and our websites; VREF.com and VREFOnline.com . This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website, except where stated otherwise. It will notify you of the following:
- What information we collect;
- With whom it is shared;
- How it is secured;
- How policy changes will be communicated; and
- How to address concerns over the misuse of personal data.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
As you navigate through and interact with our site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website;
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type;
- Information about your mobile device and network, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and information about your use of our site. To facilitate your use of certain Site features, we may request your permission to collect information about the location of your device and access information from specific native applications on your device, such as the camera or photo album.
The information we collect automatically may include personal data, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our site and to deliver better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our site according to your interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
Recognize you when you return to our site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Site (and our emails) may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that help deliver cookies and permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages (or opened an email) and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
- To present or improve our site and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- To respond to your comment or questions, and provide you with customer service;
- To monitor Site trends and activities;
- To provide you notices about your account or your subscription;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our site, or any products or services we offer or provide through it; and
- Towards any other purpose for which the information is collected.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
VREF strives to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
You can contact us via the email address or phone number provided on our website to:
- See what data we have about you if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
To use this website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration, a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing a request, we’ll use this information to contact you.
We share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any person.
We use an outside credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store, or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes beyond filling your order.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and securely transmitted to us. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (e.g., billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
This web site contains links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Surveys & Emails
From time-to-time, our site requests information via surveys or emails. Participation in these surveys or emails is entirely voluntary, and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address) and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
Notification of Changes